Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Senior Center offers a variety of activities that engage adults age 50+ to participate in recreational, social, health, educational, and nutritional services. Our staff, volunteers, instructors and facilitators strive to foster a fun, relaxed atmosphere where lasting friendships form and memories are created.Come on in and ask the front desk for a tour and enjoy a fresh cup of coffee. We have plenty of parking and our facility is 100% ADA accessible. We offer 65+ programs per week and continue to add new ones each quarter. Welcome to the Center!
The Shoreline LFP Senior Center is Providing Essential Services via One on One Programs and Zoom Classes and Activities
Watch this site below and our Facebook for changes.
Zoom Classes offered through Shoreline LFP Senior Center
We’re delighted to announce 9 classes to be offered LIVE on Zoom programming in July. To register, please email Jarrod W. our administrative coordinator at email@example.com. Please leave your name, phone number, email address and which class(es) you are interested in. We will then call you to confirm your registration, accept payment and provide you the class ID # and passcode.
|Aging Well with Toshiko||Toshiko Aramaki||$4 members|
|Monday and Wednesday||11:15am-12:15pm||July 6th – August 26th|
|All Levels Clogging||Maureen Pettit||$5 members|
|Tuesday||1:00pm-2:30pm||July 7th – August 25th|
|Gentle Chair Yoga||Heidi Mair||$6 members|
|Friday||10:45am -11:45 a.m.||July 10 – Aug 28|
|Gentle Mat Yoga||Heidi Mair||$6 members|
|Friday||9:30am-10:30am||July 10 – Aug 28|
|Yoga for Healthy Bones||Heidi Mair||$6 members|
|Tuesday||9:30am-10:30am||July 7 – July 28|
|CeCe’s Classic Chair Workout||CeCe Ryan||$4 members|
|Monday and Thursday||10:00am-11:00am||July 6 – Aug 27|
|iPhone Cellphone Tutoring||Jacqueline Cook|
$20 members (4 sessions)
|Wednesday||2:00pm-3:00pm||July 8 – July 29|
|All Levels Tai Chi||Mary Newbill|
|Thursday||1:00pm-2:00pm||July 9 – Aug 27|
If you need assistance in installing or using Zoom, we have volunteers available for a phone consult.
1. We will honor all previous class cards (unused payments) for 90 days once classes restart.
2. Same policies apply as before for new purchases; you have 90 days to take classes which will be digitally recorded.
3. Classes are sold in one month blocks.
4. Classes can be mailed for by check to 18560 1st Ave NE Building G, Shoreline WA 98155 or credit and debit card called into the center.
To-Go Hot Meal Community Dining
We have our To-Go Hot Meal Community Dining available with the following menu this week. Call 206-365-1536 before 9:00am each day for delivery. Suggested donation is $4.00 for participants over 60.
Cheaper than an app based delivery service at a $4.00 suggested donation, these hot meals provide a unique option for our aging community members to experience delightful meals like they do in our center. Community members have stepped up to deliver these meals, supporting our most vulnerable population by offering no contact delivery five days a week. As opposed to using a digital application, the ordering process is as simple as placing a phone call to our facility where onsite staff are prepared to take orders for the week.
Menu for Shoreline
Week July 13th-17th
Monday July 13th
Rosemary Baked Pork Chop
Mashed potatoes with gravy
Roll with butter
Tuesday July 14th
Crispy orange ground beef and veggies
Roll with butter
Wednesday July 15th
Ham and cheese quiche
Steamed seasoned broccoli
Roll with butter
Thursday July 16th
Baked Meat Loaf with Gravy
Mashed sweet potatoes
Friday July 17th
Corned beef with steamed potatoes
Cabbage, carrots, onions, celery
Bread and butter
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our Center is closed in compliance with government guidelines. Despite being closed, we are running essential services listed below that require funding. At this time we are soliciting financial donations via our Covid-19 Donation Relief Fund Drive.
There are 7 easy ways to donate,
Make an online donation via MobileCause
Call in to donate via credit or debit card, reference our Covid-19 Donation Relief Fund Drive
Call in to set up direct deposit from your bank account and ask for Director Theresa LaCroix
Mail in checks to our mailbox at 18560 1st Ave N, Shoreline WA 98155
Consider legacy giving here.
Shop and Donate via Fred Meyer and Amazon, click here.
Check with your employer about donation matching.If you need assistance in installing or using Zoom, we have volunteers available for a phone consult.
- Meals on Wheels
- Call 206-365-1536 to place orders on Tuesdays 9:00am-12:00pm
- Meals delivered Thursdays per usual
- These are frozen meals delivered once weekly.
- We are taking applications. Click here to apply.
- Mental Health Consultant
- Call for appointments at 206-365-1536
- Neighbor Wellness Check Program
- Members will receive phone calls from volunteers to inquire about needs during quarantine, including grocery runs, prescription pick ups, and further support as situations change.
- “To-Go” Hot Meal via Community Dining– Available for pick up or delivered Monday through Friday
- Call 206-365-1536 from 9:00am-9:30am to request meal delivery or pick up.
- Meal pick up is at the Senior Center front door from 11:00am-12:00pm.
- Meal delivery is between 11:00am and 12:00pm.
- Normal suggested donation of $4.00 still applies.
- We have our To-Go Hot Meal Community Dining available with the following menu this week. Call 206-365-1536 before 9:00am each day for delivery. Suggested donation is $4.00 for participants over 60.
- Weekly Wellness Tips Emailed
- Wellness Tips from our instructors
- Crossword puzzles
- Exercise videos