I would like to thank everyone who participated in Give Big Tuesday and helped us diminish our current operations loan. For those who missed the date, we are hosting Give Big Tuesday throughout the month of December 2022. You can donate on our website at www.shorelinelfpseniorcenter.org, mail a check to us or drop off your donation. We can take both debit and credit cards as well.
It wouldn’t be fair to ask you for financial donations without sharing pertinent information with you.
As of October 31st, here are just a few of the services we have provided in 2022:
– 20,396 participant visits to the Senior Center for classes and services (1st time or repeat visits)
– 10,693 participation visits to Fitness classes and Wellness Programs (medical services)
– 5,423 hot, nutritious meals served in-house Monday – Friday (Community Dining Program)
– 1,440 bags of fresh produce home delivered to low-income housing in Partnership with the Shoreline Farmers Market and Everett Clinic
– 159 Emergency rescue grocery bags provided from the Senior Center
– 461 Social Work counseling sessions
– Average over 1,000 participants per month in Fitness & Wellness programs
– $5,000 in $50 Gift Cards provided to low-income seniors to support Food Security and medicinal supplies
– Over 450 aging adults in the Foot Care Program with reoccurring treatments every 4-6 weeks
– Added ‘Select A Language’ (translation link) for 50 languages on our website
– Developed, implemented, and sustained new programming for underserved populations to include, but not limited to, Veterans, LGBTQ+, and Latino community members
– And the list goes on and on
It has been a wonderful year, full of surprises as we reopened our doors. The staff has really enjoyed hearing laughter and conversations in the hallways, and seeing past friends reunite. We are excited to move into 2023 with all of you and wish you a prosperous and healthy New Year!